Operating Systems: Unix, FreeBSD, Linux, Mac OS X, HPUX, WindowsXP, QNX, SunOS, VMWare, NTAP
Software: Word, Excel, OpenOffice, Visio, Postfix, Apache, Firefox, Safari, Tcsh, VI
Database Systems: ODBC, MySQL, MiniSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Solid
Sep 2010 – Current
- Designing and building a small business cloud delivery platform.
- Beta tests are in progress through 2012
- Release scheduled for sprint 2013
Apr. 2008 – Jul 2010 JumpPoint
- Developed a cloud based backup service for NetApp Storage Systems.
- Aided in both pre and post sales for NetApp Storage Systems and IBM Servers.
- Wrote customized management software to aid in the integration of VMWare and NetApp.
- Designed and implemented a cloud based data center monitoring system.
Jun. 2001 – Dec 2009 Digital Mouse Works Inc
Owner / Systems Developer
Servicing Cogeco Cable for 6 years, accomplished the following:
- Designed, built, deployed and maintained the VoIP Provisioning system as a web application using MySQL, PHP and Perl. The system included order management, phone number management with a call center and administration interface.
- Designed the procedures and developed the programs to migrate all email and web customer data onto a new NFS server and directory configuration with zero downtime to the customer. Utilized C and threading for maximum performance.
- Designed, built and deployed a Capacity Management system for the backbone network to help with congestion and planning for network upgrades. Built with MySQL/Perl and a custom designed web framework to increase speed in a large code base. All documentation was embedded in the code and dynamically presented in the web application with contextual help.
- Designed and implemented many parts of the CIP (Cogeco’s mail and web platform for residential and commercial customers), and provided maintenance services. Utilized C, Perl and Shell scripts to manage customer data across multiple servers on both HPUX and Solaris.
- Played an instrumental role in migrating Cogeco subscribers from @home with minimal impact to subscribers, in an accelerated manner. Built the MySQL database and web applications to manage migration as well provided assistance in documenting procedures for customers.
- Built and enhanced the abuse management system which resulted in significant automation to the abuse management process. Developed a modular web framework to help manage the code, and allow for easier maintenance and upgrades. Utilized Perl to parse and sort incoming messages, open tickets and auto email customers warnings.
- Built a customized POP server for multiple platforms, with a caching system to maximum performance in an distributed NFS environment.
May 2000 – Jun. 2001 Arqana Technologies
- Responsible for the design and development of user database for large ISP. Designed and wrote all supporting integration code.
Jun. 1999 – May 2000 Pixel Canvas Design Studios
- Responsible for the development of client databases and website integration to databases. Helped with website design and maintenance.
Oct. 1998 – May 2000 Ainsworth Technologies
- Developed manufacturing control systems in an integrated environment, with interfaces to different database packages.
Nov. 1997 – Oct. 1998 infopreneur Inc.
- Responsible for developing programs on an NT platform using programs such as Visual C++, and Microsoft SQL server.
Jan. 1997 – Nov. 1997 ACC TelEnterprises Ltd.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining mission critical software that was deployed either for internal or external users. Software developed was used for maintaining on-line databases from the web, tracking hardware on the internal network, and other general administrative purposes.
Jan. 1995 – Dec. 1996 Buttondown Digital Inc.
- Responsible for overseeing the development of all software for clients. Some of these clients included: Bell Canada, Bell Sygma, University of Guelph.
- Designed and implemented an embedded html database language similar to PHP or ColdFusion.
Jan. 1992 – Jan. 1995 Thinkware Inc.
- Company developed educational software programs on the Windows v3.1 and QNX platforms. A total of 12 titles were developed and successfully sold and marketed throughout Ontario.
Jan. 1988 – Jan. 1992 Ideaware Inc.
- Company developed educational software programs on the Unisys QNX and DOS platform. Responsible for developing software titles on both platforms.
Sept. 1992 – Dec. 1996 University of Guelph
- Completed 3 years of 4 year computer science degree.
- Vice president of computer science club.
- Worked as a teachers assistant marking assignments for first year courses.
- Employed part time by robotics lab to maintain linux machines.
Sept. 1987 – Apr. 1992 Banting Memorial High School
- Helped form the local Skills Canada club
- Graduated with honours